Followers

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Hero Arts Paper Layering Heart duet

Happy Saturday everybody,

I am sharing a "layered" card today on the a2z Scrapbooking Supplies Blog.  This card feature the Hero Arts Paper Layering Heart Die.  Instead of layering with stamps, I layered up with some dies and used double sided patterned paper.


I think it turned out nicely.  And it's not all that complicated to do.  Check my a2z blog post for the details.

But wait I am not done yet!  :D  While I have my supplies out, I want to make something else with the same layering die.  And here's what I came up with, a gift box topper.  I happen to have a heart shape gift box and my topper fit just perfectly!


Here's a mini tutorial of the simple steps to make the topper:



  1. fold pattern paper and place die on top aligning the edge at the fold line.
  2. pass thru the die cut machine
  3. use scissors to trim out the die (top and bottom)
  4. open the die
  5. lift up the alternate layers and glue together, at a different location each layer
  6. glue on top of gift box

I hope I've inspired you to come join in a2z October's Challenge - Layer It, the dead line Oct 31st.  So there is still lots of time to play along.  Remember you could use my promote code Cindy15 when you shop at the a2z store.

Thanks for stopping by, I wish you a lovely day!


2 comments:

Sue McRae said...

Lovely heart card Cindy and the box topper makes the gift extra special.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, and I love how you created the topper for your box...so creative!