Followers

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Partial die cutting My Monthly Hero Kit - 104 (card 3)

Welcome back to my blog.

This is my second post of the day, for my Die Cut Diva's post, please scroll down or click Here.

Now let's talk about the new challenge of June at a2z Scrapbooking Supplies.  This month's challenge To Die For - use a Hero Arts cutting die.

My project today is an easel card made using the partial die cutting technique.


I've taken some photos while making this card, you know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.  So instead of typing how I did it, let's take a look.

Stamp and heat emboss flower in the center of card.  Mask flower, stamp and heat emboss leaves.  (Sorry I forgot the name of the embossing powder, it's like a very pale gold.)
Secure outline cutting die on flower with Washi tape.
Align cutting plate edge at center of card and secure card on plate with Washi tape.
Place the other plate on top of card and pass thru the die cut machine.


Remove cutting die, make a score line accross the center of card avoiding the flower and leave.

Stamp and heat emboss rows of small flowers, extra leaf and sentiment.  Apply water colours to the images.
Once dried attach border with foam adhesive along bottom edge inside the card.
Trim and attached the extra leaf on top of flower.
And volia!  This card will have plenty dimension but without the bulk.  Here's a shot of the closed card:


All stamp images from My Monthly Hero Kit -  April 2016.  I know this kit has already been sold out, but you could use many other large flower die cut in it's place, such as this You're So Lovely Stamp set and the match frame cut.



Remember you could use code Cindy15 at check out when shopping at a2z Scrapbooking Supplies Store to get 15% off  your purchase of $25 and over (excluding shipping).

Be sure to pop over to a2z challenge blog and check out the amazing projects my team mates created.




10 comments:

Betty said...

thanks for the tutorial Cindy - beautiful card!!

Lin said...

Beautiful work, Cindy! I've had less than stellar results with this technique, but your card is fantastic! Love this beautiful flower!

Sue McRae said...

Your partial die cutting turned out fabulous! Beautiful water colouring Cindy!

Nancy said...

Beautiful Cindy! Thank you for the wonderful tutorial too. This kind of technique kind of scares me, and your watercolor is gorgeous!

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous, and your tutorial is wonderful. I love the look of that partial die cut.

Greta said...

I never think to use that technique--thanks for the reminder, Cindy! Your card is stunning!

Virginia L. said...

Love your Partial Diecut tutorial! The intricate details really make this a stand out! Well done, Cindy!

Chark said...

Nicely done, the partial cutting looks tricky, but it looks fab here!

Karen L K said...

Wow Cindy! Very pretty card and the partial die cutting looks great. Thanks for the how to.

Barb Ghig said...

Stunning design, Cindy! I love that this card is gorgeous opened or closed! Beautiful dimension and color combo, too!