Followers

Monday, June 26, 2017

Summer Coffee Lovers' Bloghop Cup 4

Hi, welcome back to my blog.

Like many of you, my craft friends, I like coffee and I like flowers!  So I tried to look up what flowers represent Summer.  The world wide web gave me some answers, some make more sense that other. Thus instead of relying on the information on the web, I dick into my memories and ask myself, what flower speaks Summer to me.

Before long an image pops up, the Dandelion!!  They are everywhere in the summer, and my DH spend much time removing them from the lawn.  I see people picking young plants from the fields, do you know that the root of the Dandelion could made into coffee substitute? Both root and leaves can be dried, stored and made into tea.  Huh!  **

I safe kept this botanical drawing of a Dandelion (a page from an old planner) to use someday, I think today is that day.  



I wanted to keep as much as possible the drawing, so I hand cut a cup shape out of it to make this card for the 4th day of the Summer Coffee Lover's Bloghop.



I hope I didn't bore you too much about the story behind my "cup"!?  :D

Supplies:

Hero Arts Woodmount Stamp - Old Letter Writing
Hero Arts Cling Stamp - Untitled Post Mark
Altenew Clear Stamp - Coffee Love 
Hero Arts Mid-tone Shadow Ink - Wet Cement
Ranger Distress Ink - Antique Linen, Vintage Photo


** Referenced found in Edible Wild Food.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a lovely summery day!!

18 comments:

Betty said...

OH WOW! this is so cool - perfect way to use that dandelion pic!! love it!!

Heidi said...

Wow,love this awesome combination in which you managed not to ruin the beautiful image by putting something on top of it! Love your card!

Dawn T said...

Awesome Cindy.

Becca Yahrling said...

This is beautiful. I love how you turned this into a cup.
And I'm pretty sure I have a very similar drawing somewhere ...
it is going to bug me until I find it. Maybe in one of hubby's
books about bonsai...

Shelly said...

Oooh, this is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Never thought a weed could be so pretty. Your story adds even more depth to your creation and adding your story behind your art conjures up lovely memories.

~amy~ said...

What a great way to upcycle that page. It's a beautiful botanical print and perfect on your mug. I can't imagine drinking dandelions but with enough sugar and creamer, I'm guessing it might be okay :)

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Cindy, you hand cut that cup? Amazing! What a great way to use a favorite old pic! I can see why you saved it, too...and a perfect summer image!

Hetty said...

Cindy, what a lovely idea and made into a super wonderful card.

Viki Banaszak said...

This is a great use for that botanical page. You can also eat the leaves in salad.

Sylvia said...

Cindy, I appreciated the background information. Good for you for cutting your own mug shape. I love the soft colors. Sylvia D.

Verna Angerhofer said...

That planner page sure worked into a beautiful cup. I love the background paper too.

D.Ann C said...

Oh, that made just the perfect mug and I love the background, too!

Fikreta said...

great card!

Lisa said...

This is fantastic! Don't you love it when you use something you saved for so long? Perfect!

Ann said...

Beautiful card using your botanical image.

Helen F. said...

Oh what a fabulous idea! Love the card!

Barb Ghig said...

I love that you used the botanical image for your cup and your background is just beautiful, Cindy! Such an elegant card!