Followers

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Silver Anniversary on DCD

Hi,

I am guest designing for Die Cut Divas' today.  Their February's challenge theme:  Love is in the air ... love, marriage, anniversary.

For my card I start off with Hero Arts Love Swirls Stencil.  I placed the Love Swirls Stencil on white card stock and press clear embossing ink all over.  Then the stencil is lifted and it is silver heat embossed.  


I see my stencil still covered with the clear embossing ink and I wasn't going to waste it so I place a piece of white card stock over and press down so the ink would transfer.  And then I silver heat embossed it too.  


Hmmm which piece to use?!  I've used the positive image a few times already so I chose the second one as the background of my card.


So what do you think?  I know the embossing is not crisp but I don't mind.  25 years of marriage, they just seems to represent the tiny wrinkles of our lives, which makes it real.  

Hop over to the Die Cut Divas' blog to get the full supply list.

Thanks for visiting.  I wish you a sweet day!


1 comment:

Maureen Morton said...

Hi, my friend! I simply love this card - it is so well-designed. Great idea to stretch your stencil, too. Great thinking. Thanks for sharing this gem and your inspiration.