Followers

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Christmas Cards 2018-mar-01

Welcome back to my blog,

This is my second post of the day, to see my a2z March Challenge inspiration post, click here.

It's been a couple weeks since I last worked on my Christmas card stash, I thought I shouldn't wait any longer.  Plus the inspiration photo the Merry Monday Christmas challenge #279 is so pretty, it is easy to get inspired.


I used the poinsettia cling stamp from Impression Obsession and a Tim Holtz
Florish embossing folder for my card.  The sentiment is from Penny Black.


After I embossed my white card panel I gently apply Peeled Paint over the raised area.  The sentiment is stamped in Peeled Paint as well.  The poinsettia is stamped in black and inked with Ripe Persimmon and Barn Door, and hand cut.  For the flower center I added some Platinum Stickles.



I must say I am quite happy how these turned out and it is not overly complicated.  As you can see, I made several of them!!

And I am also linking up to a new found challenge blog:




Thanks for visiting.  I wish you a sweet day.



7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Your poinsettia looks amazing on the inked embossed background, Cindy! So glad you could join us at Merry Monday this week!!

Heather Hopson said...

Very nicely done! It is a CAS card, and looks very elegant! Awesome card.

Linda said...

Beautiful card. Love your poinsettia against that pretty embossed background. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Cat Craig said...

Cindy,
Your inking adds such a lovely texture to your poinsettia card. It grabbed my attention in the MM gallery.

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Kara Lynne said...

Those flourishes are so elegant with your poinsettia! Gorgeous card, Cindy!

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round - hope you'll join us again in April.

Helen x